Thursday, June 28, 2018
Salon and Spa Directory: Glamsquad
I've been using Glamsquad for years and I'm here to tell you that every single stylist is beyond incredible. Whether you're going to an event, doing a photo shoot or just feeling too lazy to do your hair yourself, the stylists from Glamsquad will turn your hair into a work of art. In the past three years, I've called upon Glamsquad for all of the above. My hair seriously never looks or feels as good as it does when the stylists from Glamsquad are there to save the day.
And, I'm not going to lie, I can also be pretty lazy. I have my groceries delivered and I order from Amazon Prime and Postmates on the regular. So the fact that I can have a salon-perfect blowout without getting off the couch is pretty darn appealing to me!
So you're probably wondering how this miracle worker of a service actually WORKS, right? Well, here's the nitty gritty.
1) Create an account on glamsquad.com (or download the app, it's free!).
2) Select whether you want an appointment for hair, makeup or nails. (FYI: I've done makeup through them too and they rock just as hard at that!)
3) Select which service you'd like within that category. For example, hair includes: Blowout ($50), Blowout + Braid ($75), or Updo ($85).
4) Choose the date and time you'd like and check availability. (Side note: I have basically never had a problem booking an appointment! As long as you have at least 4-6 hours notice, you should be okay. I can't guarantee that, of course, but I've never seen it be a problem.)
5) Wait for Glamsquad to find a stylist. (Takes no longer than 30 seconds!)
6) Add in a promo code if you have one (psst, if you read to the bottom of this post, you will!)
7) Click "BOOK NOW" and then wait for the magical stylist to arrive!
Easy peasy -- as you can see, gorgeous hair is just a few clicks or taps away!
On the day of your blowout, you'll need to wash your hair before your stylist arrives. I typically do this around 30 minutes before my appointment so that it's still pretty wet when the stylist comes. Once your stylist is at your home, he or she will ask how you'd like to style your hair. Glamsquad has a lookbook with some options available, but the stylists also are totally open to customizing your hairstyle based on what you're looking for, pictures you can show them, etc! The more info you have for them, the better.
I've found that a blowout with Glamsquad typically takes around 30-45 minutes depending on how involved I need it to be. For the SUPER AMAZING, AWESOME, INCREDIBLE blowout you see here (done by the crazy talented Crystal), it only took 35 minutes! Glamsquad provides each stylist with the Dyson blowdryer, which definitely helps to cut down on drying time and is quiet enough that you can still have fun convos with your stylist without screaming over a loud dryer at each other. Each stylist comes prepared not only with the Dyson blowdryer but a whole host of hair tools and products to make sure your tresses will be totally terrific!
I honestly can't say enough good things about Glamsquad. I love that this service exists -- it's so nice to get a blowout right in the comfort of my own home. And to know that it's always going to be perfect? I mean, come on -- what else could a girl ask for?
Glamsquad is currently available in Southern California, New York, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Boston, The Hamptons, and SF & Bay Area.
And here's the best part. If you're a new user, I have a special code for you to use to get $25 off your first service! Just use code beautychick101 when you book your appointment on glamsquad.com or through the app.
Time to get glam!